Thursday 9 August 2012

Upholstered Vintage stool From the 50's- Lessons learned

SOLID frame with 4 little legs . How hard could it be to reupholster this little gem ??


Just get my Husband's Compressor & his staple gun , Right ?

A little foam & some fabric right ?
Well this was so  TOUGH, as an Amateur . The foam was too thick  and the upholstery fabric was so thick  . I finally finished this small stool, but it sure took me a long time .
THIS IS WHAT  I learned today about upholstery 1. thinner foam for smaller projects
2. Trim excess fabric often
3. AND FINALLY - Do not do upholstery projects when my husband the Upholsterer is away on a fishing trip and he is unavailable to guide me out of my upholstering problems. 


Finally done !!


JUST NEED To paint the legs ??



Comfy Stool for sitting on or resting the feet !



Maybe a small serving bench for goodies !!!

6 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I am liking that material. Thanks for the head's up on the footstool re-do.

Popping in from Shabby's link party.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Full Circle Creations said...

Looks great. I like the fabric. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

Holly

Unknown said...

You did amazingly well! Congrats for tackling this when your husband was out of town! (you go girl!)

Thanks for joining the Keep Calm and Link Up party! Hope to see you again next week!

Barbara @ Chase the Star

Kelley said...

Thanks Ladies . I guess we learn from every experience ! Mine just happened to be Upholstering , this time Have a great day !!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

such fun fabric! it suits the style well!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Cute! And I love the fabric too!